Thursday, July 24, 2008

No Created Thing Can Separate Us

I've been taking some vacation days lately and enjoying not having to be somewhere at a certain time (at least not as often as when I'm fully engaged in the calling of God on my life); this has been a good time for me to experience in a new way the unconditional love of the Lord for me in the sense that I can step back and, in the midst of not doing "ministry", I can bask in His affections for me as a beloved daughter of His and further break off lingering and lurking deceptions that my significance to Him comes from all that I'm involved in.

In a recent Daniel fast, one of my prayers (taken from Daniel's life) during and since that fast is that I would continue to receive revelation from the Holy Spirit about my status as God's "beloved" (Daniel 9:23). I know that I must have continual revelation and understanding of this all of my life. I will never outgrow my need to hear my Father's words of affirmation and affection, no matter how much I mature in Him.

So with this in mind, I want to close this posting with part of an email that just came to me from a dear friend who is simple in his love and devotion to God. It touches, at least in part, this theme of the unrelenting and unconditional love of God and is especially significant to me because of who wrote it.

"Why Jesus came to earth: To get fame, from you. You are his most precious treasure, he wants you as his best friend, his biggest fan. So may you know today, that nothing can seperate us from the very love of God, as scripture so elegantly puts it. It is because, God is so good and wants all the glory and the fun that comes with that for your happiness and for His. He doesn't want you living life alone and unknown, but known by the king, as Esther was, chosen for the king to be his queen. This message is that God wants us, whether any one else does or not, He does; He wants our autograph, to put it in his lamb's book of life. He knows us by name, knew us in our mothers womb, knows the hairs on our head. He thinks we are cool, in another words. For those that call upon his name and choose him, know him, and hear his voice, and he is so glad to call his very own, be one of the chosen. Be a friend of Jesus and famous for being a fan, full of the glory that comes by being in his presence. Amen."

Here at the Bethany House of Prayer we continually ask the Holy Spirit to reveal afresh and to a greater measure the love and affection of God for each of us and for all of His children. God bless you this week with His nearness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts for Lent (10) - Authorized for Risk

This is the final post for this Easter season from Walter Brueggemann's Lent devotional,  A Way Other Than Our Own . We find ourselves i...