Monday, March 31, 2014

God in Jesus: Beautiful Beyond Description

I have just spent a few days with young adults in the northern Virginia/Washington DC area, sharing and dialoging with them about the wonder of Jesus and about what God is doing in the world today, and once again I am in awe of this Man and how utterly unique He is in His unadulterated love and affection for humans; and I'm struck again with how Jesus is so unlike our imaginations of how God must be. When we freely talk about these things together, it's beautiful to see hearts open up to see and love Him better. As I thought and meditated on this today, the words of this song came to me:

You are beautiful beyond description
Too marvelous for words
Too wonderful of comprehension
Like nothing ever seen or heard

Who can grasp you infinite wisdom
Who can fathom the depth of your love
You are beautiful beyond description
Majesty enthroned above

And I stand, I stand in awe of You
I stand, I stand in awe of You
Holy God to whom all praise is due
I stand in awe of You.

1 comment:

Thoughts for Lent (10) - Authorized for Risk

This is the final post for this Easter season from Walter Brueggemann's Lent devotional,  A Way Other Than Our Own . We find ourselves i...