Wednesday, December 21, 2016

December Prayers: Renew a Right Spirit within Me

Psalm 51:

"Have mercy on me, O God, according to your lovingkindness;
      in your great compassion, blot out my offenses.
 Wash me through and through from my wickedness
      and cleanse me from my sin.
 For I know my transgressions, 
      and my sin is ever before me.
 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
      and renew a right spirit within me.
 Cast me not away from your presence
      and take not your holy Spirit from me.
 Give me the joy of your saving help again
      and sustain me with your bountiful Spirit.
 Deliver me from death, O God, 
      and my tongue shall sing of your righteousness,
      O God of my salvation."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts for Lent (9) - On Changing Our Minds

In this reading from Walter Brueggemann's  A Way Other Than Our Own , the author issues an invitation to us as the final week of Lent be...